Subject: [Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Sep 18 08:34:06 2007

Christopher Birchenhall <crbirchenhall@googlemail.com> wrote:

> My reading of the shake out of R kit by retailers suggests
> the R mount is on its way out and Leica have given the nod
> to their selling stock at "Demo" prices.

If the R10 is still a year away then dealers would be holding expensive
inventory (lenses) for far too long; time value of money, opportunity cost
and all that.  Whether the R mount is on its way out or not it makes
business sense to clear the stock of slow-selling inventory and re-stock
when R sales recover.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall) ([Leica] SLD ? R9.99 ? Link is OK now)