Subject: [Leica] OT: New iMac question
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Aug 24 06:48:43 2007

If you run Windows on your Mac, your exposure to viruses is identical to
what
you'd have if you were running Windows on a PC.

Viruses on Macs are not impossible. The reasons why there have been so few
of
them are not absolute, and could change.

The fundamental reason why viruses are so common on Windows machine is based
on a strategy that Microsoft has used to help create and maintain its
monopoly. Apple has not yet shown signs of wanting to adopt such a strategy.

I do not run an antivirus program on my Macs, but I am very careful when I
am
installing new things (software, widgets, templates, etc) to read the
directions and to read every warning box before clicking "OK".

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: New iMac question)
Message from charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer) ([Leica] OT: New iMac question)