Subject: [Leica] philosophy of street photography
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Sun Aug 19 12:15:46 2007

I think it relates to the desire to capture the native moment as it
happens if there wouldn't be camera (and the photographer) involved. I'm
just getting into street phtoography and I find it really fascinating
shooting the real situations when I happen to capture people's
behaviour/expressions when they are not aware of the camera. Having said
that, I do not encourage a stealthily photography approach, I never hide
my intentions to photograph and would hate to be caught trying to get
the picture in an uncalled situation. I just try to pursuade the subject
in its natural environment, avoiding to interrupt its normal behavior
and shoot. In most cases people do not protest and often, after the shot
are willing to cooperate for a smile. But once they notice me shooting
them directly (prior to the shot), in most cases, even of they are ready
to cooperate to get photographed, their natiral expressions and
behavious changes and that is what I'm trying to avoid.

Alex