Subject: [Leica] Summarit-M lenses revealed
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Aug 12 10:57:19 2007

> Mark, a fun but perceptive post. No question that the Japanese giants seek
> add the German premium quality perception to their
> marketing. Who knows how much money changes hands in these arrangements?
> Maybe
> the M line is largely a flagship product. Personally
> I really hope that is not so.
> My view is that Leica certainly will market a DSLR. Organic or more likely
> with a partner. Any bets about next Photokina? I hope
> that it is Germanic brilliant and sells in huge numbers.
> I don't see that Leica can ever compete directly. Smarter to target their
> premium niche.
> I don't believe that Leica will emulate Zeiss and duplicate manual focus
> lens
> ranges for other brands. Not unless they are forced by
> a commercial failure of their M digital line.
>
> Cheers
> Hoppy

The way the prices are dropping on the Zeiss made for Nikon AI mount non AF
glass they cant give stuff away.
Not because they're not AF but because they look like Vivitar lens made in
the 70s third party el cheapo brand glass. Contarex glass they are not.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Summarit-M lenses revealed)