Subject: [Leica] IMG: David
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Aug 8 16:27:51 2007

Philippe and Barney, will you please expand on your comments for discussion?
I did suggest that Barney try cropping out the dark foreground shadows on
the left edge and try a different colour toning of the
grey.

Barney's second version is greyscale. I can see that it is appreciably
lighter.
Barney might like to tell us whether he has lightened the exposure or if
this is happened during conversion. I was saying that I
thought it looked better "to my eye" meaning in my view, not that the boy's
eye was too dark!

Philippe what are your thoughts on the crop to remove the OOF foreground
dark areas from the left?
What about the removal of the background OOF wall decorations?
What about the toning effect? I just thought that the brown effect was a
little too strong for the subject. Very much personal
taste, I know.

The inquiring Hoppy wants to know and really still admires the photograph
that Barney has made.
Cheers