Subject: [Leica] Summarit press release
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Aug 6 20:29:27 2007

Aimee Baldridge of Pop Photo seems to have been let in on another rare
tidbit on this new line the minimum focus distances. Or she's the one who
gets to leak it.

On the 5mm and a 50mm, its our familiar 2.6 feet.
The "75mm and 90mm with a minimum focus distance of 3 and 3.3 feet,
respectively"

I can't tell if I'm looking at built in focusing hoods or not.

But they're made rather cutely. In a good way mainly.
A tad less elegant perhaps than others.

It could be very well they will be marketed a notch lower.

In my memory its not common for Leica to leak stuff out so dribbly.

You may find yourself adding "dribbly" to your dictionary I'm not sure if I
just made it up or not. But its certainly the word for the occasion if you
ask me.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com