Subject: [Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions
From: charcot at (charcot)
Date: Tue Jul 31 12:41:40 2007

Yes I love my K10D, my AF Film SLR ( type always leaves my memory), love
my Lens BABY pentax mount.

Now I'm trying to decide about a prime for both film and digital.  I
look at the 31mm/1.9 but for 1/2 the amount I can get the 35/2.  I have
AF 28/2.8 which is very good.

Jeffery Smith wrote:
> I am smitten with my Pentax K10. And the Pentax prime lenses ain't
> shabby either.
> On 7/30/07, Richard Taylor <> wrote:
>> Mehrdad - I've had my K10D for about nine months and 8000+ exposures
>> now and am delighted with it.  The kit lenses aren't all that great
>> but the other Pentax lenses are and you can use all the old K and
>> screw thread mount lenses, too, if you have them.  I routinely use my
>> old M lenses (from my ME) on it and just picked up a really sharp 200
>> mm M lens for $95 to add to my set.
>> The camera has held up well though the spring return on the preview
>> lever died after about 15,000 flicks.  (I copied more than 5,000
>> slides with the K10D and the Pentax 50 mm Macro.)  I'm using the
>> camera with the lever broken because I don't want to not have it long
>> enough to get it repaired.
>> I used the 200 for the first time on the water last weekend
>> photographing a regatta and the manual focus, green-button exposure-
>> set routine was no issue even in that fast-moving setting.  Best of
>> all, the pictures look great.   I've used the IS often with good
>> results though not on the boat because the rolling motion from the
>> waves can make the control loop bottom out.
>> The 21 mm lens is a good one though I haven't had occasion to use it
>> much yet.  The Sigma 10-20 zoom is a real winner, too.  It spends a
>> lot of time on the camera.
>> I say go for it.
>> Regards,
>> Dick
>> On Jul 30, 2007, at 10:55 PM, mehrdad wrote:
>>> funny, i was just shooting with a k10d. it is a very nice compact good
>>> handling and quick camera and it has IS built in. pentax has rolled
>>> some new and very small (in size)  prime lenses for this camera all
>>> very good. the 21,40,70 (all 35mm focal length),  the high iso is good
>>> and u have a lot of choices for lens from old and new. the 12-24 is
>>> also very nice. on the long end there is nothing on the market till
>>> later this year when they are planning to roll out some new lenses.
>>> all the new lenses are "pro level" with  supersonic motors built by
>>> tokina with pentax spec and coating. the 16-50 and 50-135 both sealed
>>> and usm will be out in august sometime. i did have a d200 and sold it
>>> cuz this one is smaller and as good. i do enjoy the built in IS. the
>>> quailty of the images also very well when shooting raw (i have never
>>> tried jpeg).
>>> --
>>>   -------------------------------------
>>>   regards, mehrdad
>>> Leica Users Group.
>>> See for more information
>> Leica Users Group.
>> See for more information

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)
Reply from Jim at (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)
Message from richard-lists at (Richard) ([Leica] OT adapter)
Message from eduardoalbesi at (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)
Message from msadat at (mehrdad) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)
Message from r.s.taylor at (Richard Taylor) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)
Message from jsmith342 at (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] OT Pentax K10d opinions)