Subject: [Leica] Re: reality according to the soldier's
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Fri Jul 20 18:06:49 2007

This photo is the better one of two that I was able to snap with the Leica
while working with my issued Nikon digital.  We weren't out at this site to
document it for very long and the people who were managing it were very wary
of my being there with a camera (or two) regardless of the fact that my job
was to do these photos as a historic record for the military.  I captured
this one "on the fly" with the lens at f/16 set to hyperfocal.  Mistakenly,
had forgotten that the roll in the camera was Delta 3200 and I exposed this
for Pan F 50 iso film.  The 6 stop pull was what gave it the grain.  I wish
had been there longer with proper film, but that day we were on convoy for
16
hours visiting different engineering sites and documenting progress.
I DO however, have a lot of other photos from Iraq.
A few can be seen here:
http://www.americanphotojournalist.com/member.php?user=NMCB4PH2

Feel free to contact me offlist to other links where most of the photography
is located.  That account is password protected.

Thanks all,
Philip