Subject: [Leica] do i need a hasselblad?
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Tue Jul 3 01:18:57 2007

KC

Almost every month I look at the medium format kit on eBay ask a
similar question. When younger I used a Hassel 500CM (financed by
doing some wedding jobs) and some of my best B&W was done on the
Hassel. I also played with a Rolleiflex 2.8F with equally good
results. Both were great cameras. So there is a good deal of nostalgia
in pondering the current prices on the 500CM and 2.8F. While I use
lots of film I no longer process my own negatives and I rely on C41
processing services and scanning for dry printing. This is working
well for my current needs so I have not taken the plunge to try medium
format again, but I do empathize with the quation you pose. It will
interesting to know if you do take the plunge.

Chris B