Subject: [Leica] do i need a hasselblad?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jul 2 19:55:58 2007

There is a lot of very good medium format equipment out there.  Probably the
late Rollei outfits make more sense as they also used Zeiss but you also
have access to the fast Schneider glass as well.  If you have limited lens
needs, the Fuji G690 with the 100 and a very late 65mm would be very hard to
beat for lens quality.  Likewise, the Mamiya 7 is a real quality shooter.
Don't get me wrong, my 500CM has made me a good amount of money but it is
nothing like what I can coax out of my M8 using the newer lenses.

Horses for courses and my choices probably would not be yours.

Of course, Kyle could buy an H outfit, use it for a while and sell it with
not much loss of funds round trip so he could scratch the itch without much
pain.