Subject: [Leica] Barnack Digital
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jun 24 06:19:31 2007

Mark,
If you put a IIIc baseplate to baseplate with an M8 you are only talking
about a couple of mm's thicker and maybe 5mm's higher.  This isn't like
handguns where there is a lot of difference between a 32 and a 38, or even a
38 to a 40.  Of course a 357 compared to a 38 is a very different thing.
Anyway, the difference between a LTM and an M8 is very minor considering you
get a meter and a motor.  Attach a Mooly to a IIIc and you have a
Frankenstein sized camera or at least a D2x.

Put one of the old LTM lenses on an M8 and you have a very tiny camera.
Say, a 35 Summaron or a 35 Serenar, or a 28 3.5 Canon.  Slides right in a
jacket pocket just waiting for something interesting to happen or can be
made to happen.