Subject: [Leica] Barnack Digital
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Jun 24 09:37:25 2007

On 6/24/07 9:19 AM, "Don Dory" <don.dory@gmail.com> typed:

> Mark,
> If you put a IIIc baseplate to baseplate with an M8 you are only talking
> about a couple of mm's thicker and maybe 5mm's higher.  This isn't like
> handguns where there is a lot of difference between a 32 and a 38, or even
> 38 to a 40.  Of course a 357 compared to a 38 is a very different thing.
> Anyway, the difference between a LTM and an M8 is very minor considering
> you
> get a meter and a motor.  Attach a Mooly to a IIIc and you have a
> Frankenstein sized camera or at least a D2x.
>
> Put one of the old LTM lenses on an M8 and you have a very tiny camera.
> Say, a 35 Summaron or a 35 Serenar, or a 28 3.5 Canon.  Slides right in a
> jacket pocket just waiting for something interesting to happen or can be
> made to happen.

Baseplates Smacheplates put an M1-6 next to a IIIA-G and it Dwarfs seven
ways.

Pocketablity
Spunkablity
People who notice you take pictures and don't get freaked out ability.
Portability; The whole LTM system is smaller by a third
Irritability; takes lunch to load
Babe magnet ability; Think hard days night.
Finance-ability; can be gotten for a song. Not ASCAP but the other one. Avis

I'm going to take a nap then be right back.

My meter goes in my top shirt pocket I set it and forget it.
Doesn't count.

And with any camera I agree a compact, pancake or collapsible lens can make
all the difference.

And a light one too!

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY