Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 Tryout?
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Sun Jun 10 00:36:53 2007

Jerry

This doesn't sound good to me. Unfortunately, it may be a sign of the
times. The digital revolution and eBay have put retailers through a
roller coaster. Here in the UK the largest national photographic chain
of retail stores has been through a rough time and I am sure there is
pressure on staff to shift boxes.

I can add that one of the local stores did have a Leica Day some time
ago and I was able to play with a M8, Digilux 3 and D-lux-3. Before
that day I had a half-a-mind to get a M8, but I backed off. It was
important for me to hold the M8 with a 35mm lens attached. It didn't
feel right. I ordered a new 28mm with a view that it may become the
standard lens on a future M8. After 6 months waiting I cancelled that
order. I understand they are still in short supply. Meantime, like
yourself, I taking advantage of the ready supply of second hand, high
quality film cameras.

Chris B