Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 Tryout?
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Sat Jun 9 21:05:42 2007

Leicaphiles,

Having a rare Saturday off, I went down to our (only) Leica dealer to
see what was available
and to check out the M8.  I bought a beautiful CL and a TE  90 at good
prices.  I also asked
to  see the new  M8.  I offered to buy a memory card  (is that the
correct  term?) so  I could
mount my lenses  and try  it out in the store. I would take the card
home and check it out in my
computer.

The sales person said, in effect, ; "No way, the people who want to buy
our M8s , want to buy
them sealed"

I had considered myself a good customer,having spent over $20,000 for
Leica., Rollei  and
H'blad stuff at their two stores.

They suggested that I go to a shop that is having "Leica Days" where I
could bring my lenses
and try out their demo M8.

Should I continue to deal with them?

Jerry