Subject: [Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jun 5 08:24:45 2007

Sonny Carter wrote:
> I don't use a compact camera.  I think so far they have too many
> limitations.  I carry my M8 or K10D all the time, and when I see a shot, I
> don't have to compromise.
>
> When you get used to carrying a real camera, it won't be a bother.
>
> It is just part of my daily workflow.

I bought a Pentax for my daughter, hoping I would get to use it ... but
no way.

The IIIf works out as my "compact" camera. I have never felt like it was
a compromise either. (The CL is vying for attention and might replace
the IIIf).

My daughter has really taken to a Pentax body (istDL or istDS can never
remember) and a fixed focal-lenth 28/2.8 (Pentax lens) as a standard.
She says if feels like a normal camera (small and handy).

Daniel

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum)
Message from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum)
Message from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum)