Subject: [Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Tue Jun 5 12:06:26 2007

Sony - Last week I helped a friend clear land for a new cabin - the
Lympa Log Witchepec sunset wide angle shot was taken on my way there.
I would never have carried a regular camera into the dusty and
dangerous forest environment unless taking pictures had my full-time
attention. As it was, we lost a choker chain, repaired a thrown
tractor tread, bloodied a couple of hands, and I accidentally
destroyed a can of tree-marker fluorescent paint with my chain saw -
a  fountain of spraying orange that got the biggest laugh of the day
from the Caterpillar operator!

A "real camera" would not have survived the day. But my trusty new
Ricoh Caplio R6 in my jeans pocket, padded by a leather coin purse,
was ready at a moment.  I took some fine photos of trees falling and
chips flying, plus documented the place for sending photos to the builders.

Carrying a "real camera" would have been a great bother. The new and
really compact cameras provide yet another tool for creative
photography,  going into a "daily work flow" where I would not
normally have risked the destruction of expensive equipment.

These days, if I'm wearing a pocket, I'm wearing a camera.

Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger - for real

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Compact Camera Cannundrum)