Subject: [Leica] Golden Trout Wilderness
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Jun 5 07:17:54 2007

If I've done the math correctly ... 12,000 feet, that's pretty high. I
hope you have transport up pretty far, because that would literally be
quite a hike.

For clothing my favorite is wool. In Denmark you can buy finely knitted
wool, about the same texture as a BVD cotton undershirt.

The wool warms you and it conveys the sweat away from the body. I
usually have something cotton over the wool to soak up the condensation
and sweat. Wool has a good warming effect even if it is damp.

There are some synthetic fibers (Helley Hansen comes to mind) with
similar characteristics.

Don't take bulky pieces of clothing. Take layers of thin sweaters and
the like. You can always peel them off layer by layer until you get
comfortable and add them again when it chills. Big heavy pieces of
clothing are more difficult to deal with. I wouldn't worry about
matching colors ... just take the right things. YOu probably have them
lying around, thin sweaters, something wind and waterproof (but hope you
don't have to use them ... it's like living in a sauna).

Daniel