Subject: [Leica] Compact Camera Conundrum
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Jun 4 11:20:25 2007

When travelling I carry a Canon S70 and/or a Fuji F30. The Canon
because one can shoot raw and convert, the Fuji because it is smaller
and good in low light. The Fuji has no viewfinder and I hate framing
at arms length, I am sure all of the high iso gain is wasted in the
higher shutter speeds needed to avoid camera shake using a camera
this way. The Canon has 28mm capability and an optical viewfinder. I
am pretty pleased with it.
IME 6 megapixels is plenty for A4 prints. I have some good A4 prints
from my 3.3 megapixel Canon D30 and Nikon E990.
Frank