Subject: [Leica] Re: DVD failure
From: dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jun 4 01:37:07 2007

This is the oldest sound archive in the world:

http://www.pha.oeaw.ac.at/home_e.htm

They are the ones with the expertise. Their directory was the motor
behind UNESCO's

UNESCO Memory of the World Programme, Sub-Committee on Technology (ed.),
Dietrich Sch?ller (coordinator): "Preserving our Documentary Heritage".
UNESCO, 2005. (*PR, *AW)

Go under publication, and look for the last title from 2005.

The actually document is here:

http://portal.unesco.org/ci/en/file_download.php/58c132526c95f80dc817aaacf1815051preserving_our_documentary_heritage_EN.doc

http://tinyurl.com/2qh56a

Anyone using DVD's or CD's for archival data would probably get fired.

I hope those who have their data on DVD's don't end up having the known
problems.

Daniel