Subject: [Leica] B&W OR COLOUR?
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Bernard Quinn)
Date: Wed May 30 17:36:23 2007

Ted,

I bet by now that this thread has been going on all day. But, since
you asked..... I like the black and white version. The background in
the color shot is too distracting for me. The tonal values of the
background in the black and white version near the face are very
similar to the face. I find that distracts my eye from the face which
is, after all, the main point of a portrait. If there were a way to
do it I would burn it in some so that were darker.

thanks for the free shot! :-)

Barney