Subject: [Leica] 135 Elmar on M8
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri May 25 08:21:07 2007

Bernardo,

The 135/4.0 Elmar is a 4 element lens. The 135/4.0 Tele Elmar is a 5
element lens with higher resolution and contrast. Mr Puts states the
Tele Elmar is often qualified to be APO quality. I have both the APO
135/3.4 and the 135 Tele Elmar which I purchased for it's removably
head only. I found the Tele Elmar to be so good as a normal 135 that
I will probably sell the APO. I have used it on my M8 with excellent
results and do not hesitate to recommend it.

Len