Subject: [Leica] 135 Elmar on M8
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Fri May 25 14:56:27 2007

Bernado, I have both the f4 Elmar and the f4 Tele Elmar. I use them both on
a film M.
Elmar (on Visoflex)
<http://contest.leica-users.org/main.php/v/0704/RED_001.jpg.html>

Tele Elmar
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/F2/portrait.jpg.html>

Absolutely nothing wrong with the performance of either, in my opinion.
I have not personally tried the current Telyt. Erwin Puts tested it and
rates it as one of the best M lenses made. You only need
look at the MTF diagrams to see why, regarding contrast/resolution.

Cheers
Hoppy