Subject: [Leica] Visoflex_less Experiment
From: leicam4pro at yahoo.com (John Biava)
Date: Tue May 22 18:15:48 2007

I have been using Leica lenses on the Nikons for years.  The only problem is
remembering to stop down.... {8o)

  I have two adapters for M to Nikon F and bought the shortmounts for
several of the lens heads:

  65 mm. ( the later black one )
  90 mm. Elmar
  90mm. Summicron
  135 mm. Elmar
  135 mm. Elmarit

  and

  180 mm. ?2.8 Tele-Elmarit ( the original Viso lens ).
  200 mm. ?4.0

  Using the Leicas is often fun, but I do not disparage the quality of
Nikkor optics.

  The 50s will not outperform a Micro Nikkor for close-up work.

Leonard Taupier <len-1@comcast.net> wrote:
  This is an experiment I just thought of this morning. I have a pretty
good assortment of Visoflex stuff and thought I might have enough
stuff to use my Canon 20D in place of the Visoflex housing.

Here is the photo.

http://tinyurl.com/2ajwaj

And here is the photo of what it was taken with.

http://tinyurl.com/ytmdvs

For those of you who are interested this is the equipment.

20D -> Novoflex EOS to R adapter -> Leica R to Viso adapter ->
Bellows II -> UOOYW adapter -> UOOVH adapter -> 135mm Hektor lens head.

This setup focuses from macro to infinity. It will also accept the
65mm Elmar and Universal Focusing mount (bellows not needed).

Len