Subject: [Leica] Alt Hood for Elmar-M 50mm f/2.8?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun May 20 19:02:40 2007

Jerry, as I mentioned, I don't have my Elmar M 50 (1994) any more and was
going from memory. I may be wrong. I have no personal
experience with a clip-on hood on it.
>From looking at pictures now, the current Elmar M 50 has a knurled ring
>around the forward edge (the edge of the built- telescopic
hood) and not much room ahead of the aperture ring. You are saying that a
clip-on hood does fit?  Have you done this? Is this over
the outside of the existing hood or fitting into the E39 thread? The only
clip-on that I have seen (12575) goes in a groove outside
the front barrel edge of its parent lenses (90's and 135s).

Hoppy