Subject: [Leica] IMG:Summitar color vs BW
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sun May 13 17:19:47 2007

I was just playing around in my front yard taking a few sots with the
M8 and Summitar.

The next two images are the same except the BW photo is simply the
color shot desaturated in CS2. There is no post processing of either
picture except for the desaturation. I thought it was interesting to
see the Summitar images in color and BW and which photo is better
shot with the Summitar.

Photo: M8, Summitar at f8, ISO 160, WB daylight.

Color

http://tinyurl.com/2dwmsr

BW

http://tinyurl.com/27qenk

Comments are welcome. As I only shoot color in my M8, is there a
better way to convert to BW? All my BW photos are with film since I
like the look of film and I enjoy my own developing and using older
cameras and lenses.

Len

Replies: Reply from hewthompson at mac.com (Hugh Thompson) ([Leica] IMG:Summitar color vs BW)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG:Summitar color vs BW)