Subject: [Leica] selling a Leica DMR.. ?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Fri May 11 18:05:28 2007

At 08:43 PM 5/11/2007, you wrote:
>Perfect example: I have just been asked to do a fashion shoot for an upscale
>NYC store. Children in clothing and outdoors. Shots need to be spot on
>focus, and I always find moving kids is always tough with manual focus. I
>can't afford to get the right 'shot' and then 100% mag it to find sharp
>ears, soft eyes.
>
>So the question - Has anyone made the switch from a DMR to the canon 5D
>lately? Regrets?
>
>Eric

Last night I took photos for a Habitat for Humanities program.  I
took my M8 and my Canon 5D.  There were several small children who
were the recipients of the Habitat house that I was trying to
photograph.  As long as they were sitting still and occupied with
something, I prefer the shots I got with the M8.  When they were up
and moving around, there was no way I could keep up them with the
M8.  I got a few shots when I prefocused, but for the shots when the
kids were moving aroung, the Canon 5D was much better - very fast
focus and I could switch the focus spot very quickly.  This is not a
switch from a DMR to a Canon 5D but a combination of manual focus M8
and the Canon 5D.

Hope that helps.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA