Subject: [Leica] OT: eBay Scams on high-dollar items
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Mar 20 22:45:46 2007

Hi Rob,
one of the things I have always expected is internet crime. Crime
exists everywhere, including places where there is a strong, fair and
policed rule of law. The internet is effectively lawless because
there can be no international imposition of a law net wide. I have
always thought caveat emptor was an appalling concept because it
means, effectively, that if I con you its your fault for not
noticing. In the case of the internet it is very relevant.
Frank