Subject: [Leica] OT: eBay Scams on high-dollar items
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Tue Mar 20 06:53:53 2007

This sort of scam is becoming quite frequent with high-dollar items.  I've
seen it regularly with expensive restored antique cars.  Most often, the
bidding will start (with no reserve) at something silly, like $10.  There
will be a notice in the description that there's a "buy it now" price at a
well-below-market rate, but only if you contact the seller though a separate
e-mail address.

Bottom line: if it's too good to be true, that's exactly right.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA