Subject: [Leica] OT: eBay
From: jsluss at hughes.net (John D. Sluss)
Date: Tue Mar 20 06:47:08 2007

Yesterday,19 March 07 a DMR and a R8 with a DMR were advertised for 1,000
GBP (2,000 US) each. The individual ?selling? the items refused to accept
bids, rather he wanted to be contacted by e-mail. Needless to say it was a
scam. The ?seller? had a 99.1% positive responses with about 1,000 sales. I
believe that someone had gotten a hold of this persons eBay sellers password
and was using his site for the scam. The items were only listed for 24
hours. An eBay confirmation was sent from a msn address.
I wish it were true because I really want a DMR but alas.

John

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] OT: eBay)
Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: eBay)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: eBay)