Subject: [Leica] OT: eBay Scams on high-dollar items
From: rmcclure2 at woh.rr.com (Rob McClure)
Date: Tue Mar 20 16:09:56 2007

Jim,

One of our bank's customers just got taken in a Nigerian scam.  Thought
they were getting a $30000 Bimmer for $9000.  Duh!  Daily we have
customers trying to deposit lottery "winnings" checks from contests
they never entered.  Always a scam but they think somehow they have hit
it big.  Customers are giving out their debit card numbers and PINS
like crazy after receiving fake emails from banks and paypal.

I have never seen anything like this wholesale thievery (and consumer
foolishness given all the publicity of these scams) in 30 years in
banking.

Rob McClure

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] OT: eBay Scams on high-dollar items)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] OT: eBay Scams on high-dollar items)