Subject: [Leica] Noctilux and Back Focus Adjustment
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Sun Mar 18 15:58:22 2007

Using a 2mm hex wrench I was able to adjust the focus on the M8 and
now the Noctilux is useable.  It made an enormous improvement.

My other lenses seem to be fine at the new setting, with the
exception of a 50 mm Summicron.

In any event, the Noctilux seems to be dead on now, and I have
previously not used it (even with my M6 and M7) because I could never
seem to focus it.   So I am going to shoot with this "new lens".

For the faint of heart, I assure you that it is very easy.  You just
insert the wrench into the roller, and twist gently a few degrees.  I
went about 5 deg. toward the red dot.  I can send pictures if anyone
is interested.

Cheers,
Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from eduardoalbesi at ciudad.com.ar (Eduardo Albesi) ([Leica] Noctilux and Back Focus Adjustment)