Subject: [Leica] EMERGENCY FS: Reflex stuff
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Mon Feb 5 20:50:14 2007

Indeed, this is terrible.

Doug is a quiet-mannered gentleman of the first order, on- and off-
line.  I have had the pleasure of meeting him in person on numerous
occasions, and I fondly remember his deft handling of Telyt 560mm
(the bazooka) on Hawk Hill here in Marin County.

I wish I could be in a position to take his DMR, but I would just as
well give him money and let him keep it so that he can continue to
produce his magnificent photographs with which he entertained us for
years.  The DMR would produce far better photographs than in the
hands of a hack like me.

This is just unthinkable, and the unthinkable is happening.

Let's help him keep his DMR.