Subject: [Leica] Re: EMERGENCY FS: Reflex stuff
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Wed Feb 7 10:22:53 2007

I used PayPal to send a modest sum towards the "Help Doug Keep His DMR" fund
within an hour of his announcement.

Using PayPal, Doug knows immediately how much of the crushing boulder got
chipped away, rather than having some hope that some more money will flow in
some day. It doesn't mean that we shouldn't send cheques, though. If we do,
we should let him know how much we sent him to help him with planning.

Also, the amount of time it would take me to look for my cheque book, fill
it in manually, then put it in an envelope then the mailbox would be
ridiculous, if I consider the value of my own time. I also have on-line
banking, but it can still take 3 days or so to reach Doug's bank account.

Doug's situation requires privacy, but I think I can share with you that it
has to do with his family, and the situation was dire. The financial aspect
is the easy part in comparison, as he and his family still have a long road
ahead. I was in tears when I was told of the situation. It was heartbreaking.

LUG without Doug's magnificent photographs would be no where as beautiful a
place. I encourage all of you to contribute towards "Help Doug Keep His DMR"
fund. He is a true gentleman, and we're his friends. This is the time to
show the true character of LUG.

Thanks.

Ken Iisaka