Subject: [Leica] TECH: Questions on quality and taste.
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Thu Jan 25 09:07:06 2007

Philippe,

First let me say that I like both photos very much. You improved the
Temple Bar with the PS lens correction. But don't forget that even
though PS can correct a lot of things it"s not a view camera. The
only way you can improve this kind of shot is to hold the camera
level. Of course then you cut off the top of the building. You can't
win.

The staircase is a different story. The symmetry you're looking for
was in the shooting. You may have been in the center of the stairs
but you still favored the left side. Count the openings on the
walkway on either side of the stairs. There are two more openings on
the left. And there are more doors on the left. I think you could
only get it perfect if you composed the shot on a tripod. Then you
could count holes and doors. Not likely to happen hand held.

This is a very critical evaluation of two very fine shots. But I
think that's what you were looking for.

Regards,
Len