Subject: [Leica] 28mm Summicron vignetting
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jan 16 03:09:50 2007

WB Marty.
I think that you are addressing what both Len and I were alluding to,
perhaps imprecisely. We agree too, that the effect is more
pronounced in scanned film and black and white applications.
I'll happily continue to accept this characteristic in a lens of
extraordinary design, plasticity and performance. Regarding cost,
yikes, I'd never thought of this one as a compromise ;-)
Herr Puts has a review on-line for the new 2.8 version, too. It looks
extremely interesting.

Fancy us all having a thread discussing Leica lens performance on film WITH
pictures. Whatever is the LUG coming to?

Cheers
Hoppy