Subject: [Leica] Re: RF / SLR
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jan 13 06:04:34 2007

I will add something to this discussion and that regards perceived value.
If a product or service has a very high retained value whether that is a
strong resale market or extremely good results in the case of a service then
the product offered has a greater perceived value.  This is the classic
Leica comment that if I don't like it I will just resell it at little loss.
Consider Ferrari Testarossa's in the U.S. market.

Adding to perceived value is relative scarcity.  Whether it is a large
diamond, a vacation at a luxurious resort, or a Leica that you don't see
everywhere humans tend to value more what is hard to get.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com