Subject: [Leica] Re: Russian "Leica"
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Jan 12 16:50:31 2007

I fell victim to the lure of e-bay and bought a Russian imitation
Leica IIIa with an "Elmar" f3.5 50mm lens. It is described as being
in excellent condition and the lens is described as "not bad." The
camera was being sold by Adorama, a firm that I have found to be
quite honest, so I feel that I probably wasn't being screwed too
badly. Besides the price was less than $100. Anything priced that low
with the name Leica on it has to be a bargain. The pictures show the
camera to be a reasonable facsimile of a pre-war Leica and has a
little eagle and swastika Nazi symbol on the top plate along with a
serial number in the 19xxxx series.

I know nothing about the Russian imitation Leicas. Can anyone
enlighten me? Can it actually take pictures?

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Russian "Leica")
Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Re: Russian "Leica")
Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Re: Russian "Leica")