Subject: [Leica] RE: PAW-Week 2
From: ISILVERMN at aol.com (ISILVERMN@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jan 12 16:28:19 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:47:16 +0100, Philippe Orlent wrote,

<<<Where did the light from the back of the sowing man come from?  Looks
almost like a flash fired there.  Very interesting effect  for  something
that
lokks like natural light.>>>

Actually, you're right on both counts.  It was the sun, very bright  and low
in the sky.  I wanted that angle, but was running out of room to  shoot, so
crouched down to keep the sun out of the picture.  I ended up  with some
flare, most of which I was able to crop out of the picture.

I took several shots at slightly different angles, and since it was digital
(Canon 30D, 17-40 f/4.0 L) I was able to see what worked best then and
there.

Thanks for looking and commenting,

Best Regards,
Ira