Subject: [Leica] M8 Article in LFI
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jan 10 15:49:31 2007

Guys this is an area of great interest to me. I do wish that I had that LFI
article. AFAIK no digital camera sensor captures at a
higher bit rate than that. There's a lot that I don't understand regarding
that processing within the camera. However empirically,
when you manipulate the M8 RAW files tonal range within Photoshop they ARE
emphatically superior to any 8 bit file and certainly as
robust as any 16 bit scan from 35mm (which is my own experience).
So I join Eric in hoping that a LUG member of scientific bent can give us an
insight into the in-camera processing.

Cheers
Hoppy