Subject: [Leica] Pix up finally - West to East gallery
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Jan 8 16:09:18 2007

On 1/8/07 8:52 AM, "Hugh Thompson" <hewthompson@mac.com> typed:

> Mark - thoroughly enjoyed the set, such variety ..... what is this -
> EW060519_205647.jpg
>

> On 8-Jan-07, at 12:48 AM, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
>> http://rabinergroup.com/horizontal%20neutral/index.htm
>
> Hugh

That's a campfire one of many on the beach with yuppies throwing
marshmallows into it. Dancing around. Praying to the fire gods for expensive
German cars.
I walked way way out to the ocean at pitch black night the ocean at low tide
looked like a thin wall miles away. For some reason I never walked out to
the ocean at night. It creeped me out! I could not see my feet.
So I had to steel myself and reassure myself that this was no wall (Tsunami)
but an optical illusion. When I turned around after I got there (didn't die)
and Elmo the dog was with me of course I saw the hotel.
http://rabinergroup.com/horizontal%20neutral/images/EW060519_205453.jpg
You can see the fires at the bottom there. About 6 of them
For some reason from this hotel shot I get "the blue light" vibe.. The
Gatsby blue light. But I know that's just me.

And its a close in shot on one of the fires is the shot you are talking
about.
I did several of the different fires waking swiftly taking exposures which
lasted well over a second this may be the best one of them but I'm taking
more looks.
EW060519_205647.
According to the Adobe Bridge renumbering system this number is the moment
this picture was taken. I kind of worked it out. Its fun to play with you
can have your f stop be one of the elements of the number. Or the first
three letters of your Mothers last name.

EW060519_ means East West (I'd have to change those to west east) the date
2006 the year 5th month 19th day
_205647 is the time 20 o clock which is 8 pm  so its
8:56pm 47 seconds.

Most my files wont have little letter codes in front of them but this is a
"project".

Not sure what happens if I shot more than one picture the same second. I
think it works itself out somehow.  Metaphysical millisecond mode.

Mark Rabiner
New York, NY
40?47'59.79"N
73?57'32.37"W