Subject: [Leica] M8 Nocti focal issues
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Jan 7 18:50:10 2007

Magnifying thingies helps your eyes get an image big enough for focusing.
Getting the lens in calibration is a separate and equally
important issue.

I sent my M6 and 75 into Leica, and while I do not think they actually mated
the 2 for correctness, the shots that came back
afterwards were much sharper than before.

If you are going to use the 75 at F1.4, it is worth sending it into the
factory ( or Sherry) for a checkout.....

Ditto the NoctiLust.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

focusing the 75mm f1.4 is said to be harder than the Nocti (I think) and I
presume that the Nocti on the M8 is like a 75mm f1 lens to focus. The
combination may need "adjustment": I've had this done for the Nocti with
my M6's but it sounds as if we may have to get those little magnifying
thingys.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] M8 Nocti focal issues)