Subject: [Leica] IMG: So this is what you did on new year's eve...
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Wed Jan 3 13:28:41 2007

Strange. Normally I don't like digital grain at all, but when viewing
the shots for the first time, in this case it didn't mind me.

I do agree that there would have been a whole lot less of noise if I
had been shooting with a 5D and a 28:1.9 on it (in analog it just
isn't possible), but I didn't prepare for this one.
In fact, when we left for the party, I planned not to take any photos
at all. But nevertheless took the Ricoh 'because you never know'.
And once we were there and I had some drinks, I started snapping away
like never before in my whole life. 155 shots that night! For my way
of shooting, that is just excessively much.

The photos are exactly as I remember that night: as being very merry.
On one of the shots you can even see how very merry I seem ;-) Must
be the reason why I like the blurriness of them...
I'm not sure if I could have made these shots when better prepared
and focusing on the photography itself with the above material: they
would have been a lot sharper, for instance.
So the very reason why I personally like them, is because of their
utter intuitivity and spontaneity, and their raw power of honest
bedazzlement.
Noise and unsharpness included.
Perfect Drunkard's Photography.
The ultimate!
Paradox.
Because seriously now:
I think that your suggestion about noise is a very good one. I'll do
some tests with NeatImage on my favorites of this series, and will
post the results.

And thanks again for looking, George.

Philippe

Op 3-jan-07, om 19:01 heeft Lottermoser George het volgende geschreven: