Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about M Adapter Irzoo or Voigtländer
From: huntmc2 at gmail.com (Marshall Hunt)
Date: Mon Dec 25 12:29:48 2006

The adapter by Leitz is a marvel of precision.  The Leitz adapters are
ground for thickness after they are chromed.  The V adapter is not....but
that's not your whole problem.  The adapter for lenses which have the
infinity lock, and turn the front lens (single helix): Elmar 50 and 35,
Summaron 35, have a cutout for the lock.  The flange which contains the name
and lens size is about 5mm wide for about 240 degrees of the circle.  Then
it is made narrower to 3mm wide.  As the lens is screwed into the adapter,
the base of the infinity lock moves into the clearance cut.  This gives
enough space for the infinity (un)lock to work.  Lenses which do not turn
the front lens, like the Summitar and Summicron, have a greater distance
between the infinity lock and the camera body flange, and don't need the
cutout. It looks like V has that cutout on one of their adapters.