Subject: [Leica] Leica M in Time Magazine
From: hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner)
Date: Thu Dec 14 19:21:57 2006

Hello Rob,
     I had posted a comment about Leica/Time a few days ago. Or was it a
week? I'm pretty sure the camera is an M3 to which its owner has applied
some black electrician's tape for protection. I've used black tape myself.
It protects some surfaces of the camera, and it's easy to remove should you
want to do so.
     The thing that puzzled me about the photo is that it showed some kind
of gizmo sticking up near the rewind knob.I don't remember such a thing on
the M3 I owned for many years.
      And yes, I'm pretty sure the picture shows a 50mm Summicron with a
vented lens hood.
  Regards,
Hank

Rob McClure <rmcclure2@woh.rr.com> wrote:

Did anyone see the "Best Photos of the Year" spread in the December
18th Time? My boss gave it to me thinking I might like to to see the
Iraq photos since my son is there now. What he didn't note, until I
pointed it out, was the photo of a Leica M on the article cover page.
Does anyone know what model it is -- looks like maybe an M3 but it is
a mixture of chrome and black. I can't tell the lens -- a chrome
Summicron 50 with vented hood? BTW, when I told him that I had a Leica
M, too, he looked at me like he was paying me too much. Oops!

Rob McClure