Subject: [Leica] For those with a DMR or an M8 (I think?) - tethered shooting with the Mac
From: lists at gilplant.com (J. Gilbert Plantinga)
Date: Wed Dec 6 19:24:05 2006

Neither Image Capture (upon which this workflow depends) nor Aperture
support the DNG "raw" files from the DMR. I was infuriated to find
out after purchasing Aperture that though Apple claims to support the
Adobe DNG format, the implementation of that format by the DMR
doesn't work. Apple, in essence, blames Leica. After bitching to
Apple I noticed that they added some fine print to the Aperture specs:

"DNG files must be generated by the Adobe DNG Converter, with the
"Convert to Linear Image" option turned off, and created from RAW
formats that are otherwise already supported by Mac OS X 10.4.3 or
later."

I suppose that processing through Capture One which is what this
workflow article discusses might work fine, but you're no longer
working with a RAW file in Aperture. Plus, on checking the Capture
One site, I don't see the either the DMR or the M8 listed as
supporting tethered shooting. Might work???

For what it's worth, I've used the DMR tethered to FlexColor without
any problems

Gilbert