Subject: [Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Wed Dec 6 09:32:21 2006

Bob, pardon my digital ignorance, but what is a high res
gold disk?...more data?...better quality disk???

Montie
-----------
Frank:

Although it really depends on the lab and their equipment, I am
generally dissatisfied with C-41 print quality.  To offset this, I have
all C-41 developed at Costco and scanned to a high resolution gold disc
at Costco.  I also have my Kodachrome slides scanned at Costco.  The
Costco warehouse  store I go to is across the street from their HQ in
Issaquah, WA and employs the latest Fuji Frontier systems.

I review the disc at home using iPhoto and Photoshop Elements 4.0, then
print the "survivors"  on a Canon i860.  Images that have merit I have
printed from the negative at a local pro lab.  They give me the choice
of laser or giclee (inkjet) prints.

Not an elegant solution, but a solution I can live with for now.  I
think the real solution is the best affordable ink jet printer at home
and best affordable paper.

Bob in Seattle

Replies: Reply from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison)
Message from rsphotoimages at comcast.net (Bob Shaw) ([Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison)