Subject: [Leica] Re: High ISOs Comparison
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Thu Dec 7 07:23:01 2006

"Put Windex"

Montie
-------------------------------
At 08:40 AM 12/7/2006, you wrote:
After all we don't declare a slam-dunk for a particular B&W film when
all films are processed in the same developer for the same time; we
optimize each film's development and decide under what conditions
each film/developer combination produces the effect we're looking
for.  The same should be done with digital RAW files.

>Doug Herr

And that's what I'm doing.  Experimenting.  Just like I used to do
with different films, developers, temperatures, and times.  All this
particular experiment was intended to do is give me a starting
place.  I never intended for anyone to consider these high ISO
experiments a slam-dunk for either camera.  I'm not going to stop
using my M8 for high ISO photos but I will be more careful with it
and with the processing of the digital files.  I've learned, thanks
to you suggestion, that the M8 will do better underexposing and using
lower ISOs.  That will definitely affect how I use the camera in the
future.  I'm still learning to use it and will continue with more
experiments before I depend on the M8 exclusively for any assignments.

Tina