Subject: [Leica] I Remember Mike!
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Dec 5 11:52:39 2006

>If  Mike is so darned smart he might expand his list of camera
>heroes a bit... Ralph Gibson, Sally Mann, Raymond Depardon, Gilles
>Peress,  Josef Koudelka, William Klein, Salgado, Paolo Pelligrin,
>Elliot Erwitt, ...on and on and on.......Having said that now
>everyone can return to discussing the latest magenta monster in
>glorious b&w.

Elliot Erwitt???

Actually I like him, but I can't say I hold him up as one of the 10
greatest. On the other hand, Koudelka would certainly make my list,
as would Meyerowitz and Davidson, and even though Burtynsky is
Canadian, and he produces a type of photography I enjoy, he wouldn't
make my list either.

There are no specific genres that I require that my '10 best'
produce, but I do require that they show innovation rather than
finding a small niche and stagnating. I also require that anything
new that they show stimulates me to explore new concepts. I really
don't want to see the same thing again and again.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design

Replies: Reply from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] I Remember Mike!)