Subject: [Leica] 50mm rigid Summicron
From: durling at cox.net (durling@cox.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 06:06:45 2006

I actually have searched for Bob Schwalberg's work many times on Google and
other places.  There seems to be very little of his work available.

For those of you who don't know the name, Bob was a regular columnist for
Popular Photography for many decades.  His writings on optics, film,
chemistry and many other photographic topics were exhaustive.  Nobody since
has been able to explain technical topics to the general photographer with
such clarity and authority.  Bob knew his numbers but explained things in
terms of how to make your pictures better.

He consulted for Leica for many years, and had enormous impact on other
giants in the industry.

Mike D