Subject: [Leica] 50mm rigid Summicron
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon Nov 27 23:44:04 2006

I have read that the rigid was designed to reduce  the vignetting inherent
in the smaller elements needed in a lens capable of collapsing through the
lens mount throat. I have element layout drawings at home - the difference
between the collapsible and rigid is obvious. The same author wrote that the
difference between the close focus and standard lens is only the mount,
optically they are identical.
Frank